Lotus builds world-class, high-performance and lightweight sports cars that are sold all around the world.
It is a hugely exciting time for Lotus as we transform from a UK sports car company into a truly global performance car business and brand. Our critically acclaimed models are 100% ‘For the Drivers’ and at the heart of the transition is a bold and ambitious product-led offensive. The striking new Emira is the last petrol-powered Lotus sports car and the best of breed, while the stunning Lotus Evija hypercar is the world’s most powerful series production road car. They will be joined by four all-new and all-electric premium lifestyle models, starting in 2022 with Eletre - the world’s first Hyper-SUV EV - and ending with an all-new electric sports car in 2026. And that is just the start.
The ongoing transformation of Lotus is laid out in our Vision80 corporate strategy, which defines what Lotus will be in 2028 when it celebrates its 80th anniversary. We welcome talented, creative and motivated people to join us on that journey.
Do you want to know what Sophisticated, Rebellious and Pioneering mean for Lotus? Come and take a look at our vacancies and join the incredible adventure: https://careers.eu.lotuscars.com/
Lotus Cars Europe B.V. is our newly build European HQ based in Amsterdam responsible for the Marketing, Sales and After Sales of the Lotus Cars products in the European region. To bring the company to the level we want it to be we are looking for an internationally focused Marketing & Communications Manager - DACH Region - based in Germany.
Role will work closely with the European Marketing team, Lotus Dealer network and the Lotus Regional Teams to facilitate development of robust quarterly marketing plans as part of the marketing plan process. Role needs to follow up on planned marketing activities, and prepare financial support applications for approval.
Role will also take responsibility for ensuring Retailer websites, signage and any marketing materials are up to date, and in compliance with Lotus CI policy.
Role will also pick up the management of the Marketing Budget including the allocation of funds to Retailers for marketing activities.
Role will collaboratively work with the European PR and Event team, for all activities planned in the DACH Region (Germany - Austria - Switzerland).
- Definition of marketing plan that meets the required standards to meet business objectives
- Conduct post event analysis to understand effectiveness of action, and feed this information into the marketing plan process
- In conjunction with the Head of Brand Marketing input key information into the European marketing plan
- Develop and manage regional advertising/digital campaigns across the markets, in conjunction with appointed agency
- Provide Digital assets for regional use, and ensure usage and support at time of national based campaigns
- Take responsibility for management of Marketing budget, keeping track of spend and allocation of spend to correct categories, in conjunction with Head of Marketing and Financial Controller.
- Be the local point of reference for PR activities in the region
- Build relationships with Press and Media and ensure visibility for the Brand and its products/stories
- Collaborate with and support the European PR and Events team when planning activities in the Region
- Foster, grow and nurture relations with digital media and social influencers
- Lifestyle PR in full alignment with the European strategy
- Contributing to the collective PR function’s overall commercial business objective – working closely with the sales and marketing team and in-line with the business’s priorities.
- Degree in Marketing, Sales, commercial disciplines
- Previous experience in Sales, Marketing, working with automotive dealers
- Some experience of automotive dealer marketing/sales
- Knowledge of Lotus and competitor products
- Excellent digital skills
- Attention to detail, dogmatic, good relationship builder, able to work as part of a small team
- Ability to work to deadlines, hands on approach, motivated to get results
- Excellent Microsoft Office and budget management skills
- International media landscape and Global automotive media knowledge
- Effective and eloquent communicator in English – written and verbal
- Fluent in German is mandatory and any additional European languages in the region would be a plus.
- Performance related bonus
- Inclusion into the company mobility allowance scheme
- Full pension contribution
- This role will be working remotely from Germany within our flexible working policy.
- Frequent travel will be required to visit different entities based in Europe and the Munich office. Applicants must therefore possess the ability to travel freely without restrictions.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Germany