Lotus builds world-class, high-performance and lightweight sports cars that are sold all around the world.
It is a hugely exciting time for Lotus as we transform from a UK sports car company into a truly global performance car business and brand. Our critically acclaimed models are 100% ‘For the Drivers’ and at the heart of the transition is a bold and ambitious product-led offensive. The striking new Emira is the last petrol-powered Lotus sports car and the best of breed, while the stunning Lotus Evija hypercar is the world’s most powerful series production road car. They will be joined by four all-new and all-electric premium lifestyle models, starting in 2022 with Eletre - the world’s first Hyper SUV EV - and ending with an all-new electric sports car in 2026. And that is just the start.
The ongoing transformation of Lotus is laid out in our Vision80 corporate strategy, which defines what Lotus will be in 2028 when it celebrates its 80th anniversary. We welcome talented, creative and motivated people to join us on that journey.
Do you want to know what Sophisticated, Rebellious and Pioneering mean for Lotus? Come and take a look at our vacancies and join the incredible adventure: https://careers.eu.lotuscars.com/
Lotus Cars Europe B.V. is responsible for the Marketing, Sales and After Sales of the Lotus Cars products in the European region. To bring the company to the level we want it to be we are looking for a HSE Officer in the HR Department to join us in our newly build Amsterdam HQ.
This role will cover mainly retail and office facilities in multiple EU locations. Reporting to the Employee Relations Manager and working closely with the Group Safety, Health and Environment Manager, he will be responsible for supporting the development, implementation and maintenance of the Safety, Health and Environmental Management Systems, and achievement of recognized certifications.
- Ensuring Lotus locations meet health and safety requirements (including fire plans, safe procedures, risk assessments, accident investigation and inspections)
- Promoting good health and safety practices throughout the organization
- Maintenance of SH&E online reporting and training systems
- Assist with implementing and maintaining a thorough internal audit program, engaging all levels of the organization to encourage wider engagement on safety
- Support the HR function by assisting with general administration and office management
- Supporting the provision and delivery of SH&E related training
- NEBOSH General/International Certificate or equivalent is desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role working within a global organization combined with an understanding of Health and Safety Legislation across multiple European territories
- Experience with external audit programmes – ISO14001, ISO45001, or similar
- Skilled within Occupational Health and Safety, plus either holding or be committed to obtaining H&S certification (NEBOSH General/International Certificate)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Dutch knowledge will be a plus
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Clear and concise writing skills and the ability to write reports
- Very organised with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Performance related bonus
- Full contribution into the company pension scheme
- This role will be working from our Amsterdam office.
- Frequent travel will be required to visit different entities across Europe. Applicants must therefore possess the ability to travel freely without restrictions.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the Netherlands