Lotus builds world-class, high-performance and lightweight sports cars that are sold all around the world.
It is a hugely exciting time for Lotus as we transform from a UK sports car company into a truly global performance car business and brand. Our critically acclaimed models are 100% ‘For the Drivers’ and at the heart of the transition is a bold and ambitious product-led offensive. The striking new Emira is the last petrol-powered Lotus sports car and the best of breed, while the stunning Lotus Evija hypercar is the world’s most powerful series production road car. They will be joined by four all-new and all-electric premium lifestyle models, starting in 2022 with Eletre - the world’s first Hyper-SUV EV - and ending with an all-new electric sports car in 2026. And that is just the start.
The ongoing transformation of Lotus is laid out in our Vision80 corporate strategy, which defines what Lotus will be in 2028 when it celebrates its 80th anniversary. We welcome talented, creative and motivated people to join us on that journey.
Do you want to know what Sophisticated, Rebellious and Pioneering mean for Lotus? Come and take a look at our vacancies and join the incredible adventure: https://careers.eu.lotuscars.com/
Lotus Cars Europe B.V. is responsible for the Marketing, Sales and After Sales of the Lotus Cars products in the European region. We are looking for a senior legal counsel to join the Legal department in our newly built European HQ in Amsterdam.
The purpose of this role, directly reporting to the Head of Legal, is acting as a strategic business partner across all departments providing legal support for a diverse range of legal matters.
Ideal candidates for this role will have strong business acumen and experience in continuous improvement and driving enhancements that benefit an organisation.
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of documents, including services contracts, distribution agreement, lease agreements, and other agreements
- Support legal strategy for commercial contracts, including contract management and governance
- Providing timely day-to-day support across all functions within the group.
- Analyse potential legal risks to establish and implement solutions to mitigate those risks and achieve business objectives
- Prepare and update template agreements
- Increase efficiency of legal operations by developing and maintaining procedures, guidelines, internal training and reporting to European HQ legal
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Flexible and adaptable to work on a broad range of legal matters
- Exception skills in time management and organisation with the ability to balance and prioritise matters in a fast paced and demanding environment
- University degree in law
- Qualified to practice law in the Netherlands
- A minimum of 7 years' post qualification experience.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English, any other European language is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of and experience in commercial law including competition related matters.
- Experience with working on multi-jurisdictional matters preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate complex matters in an easy and understandable manner
- Results driven; validated experience leading strategic projects with ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Performance related bonus
- Inclusion in the Company Mobility Scheme
- Full contribution into the company pension scheme
- This role will be working from our Amsterdam office within our flexible working policy
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.