Lotus builds world-class, high-performance and lightweight sports cars that are sold all around the world.
It is a hugely exciting time for Lotus as we transform from a UK sports car company into a truly global performance car business and brand. Our critically acclaimed models are 100% ‘For the Drivers’ and at the heart of the transition is a bold and ambitious product-led offensive. The striking new Emira is the last petrol-powered Lotus sports car and the best of breed, while the stunning Lotus Evija hypercar is the world’s most powerful series production road car. They will be joined by four all-new and all-electric premium lifestyle models, starting in 2022 with Eletre - the world’s first Hyper-SUV EV - and ending with an all-new electric sports car in 2026. And that is just the start.
The ongoing transformation of Lotus is laid out in our Vision80 corporate strategy, which defines what Lotus will be in 2028 when it celebrates its 80th anniversary. We welcome talented, creative and motivated people to join us on that journey.
Do you want to know what Sophisticated, Rebellious and Pioneering mean for Lotus? Come and take a look at our vacancies and join the incredible adventure: https://careers.eu.lotuscars.com/
Lotus Cars Europe B.V. is responsible for the Marketing, Sales and After Sales of the Lotus Cars products in the European region. We are looking for a senior legal counsel to join the Legal department in our newly built European HQ in Amsterdam.
Lotus Cars Europe is seeking a motivated lawyer to join this dynamic and growing team. As Senior Legal Counsel, you will be working in a fast-changing and interesting industry, and you will primarily be responsible for advising on areas of GDPR, competition law, bribery, and other compliance matters and policies.
Ideal candidates for this role will have strong business acumen and experience in continuous improvement and driving enhancements that benefit an organisation.
- To advise on all matters related to corporate compliance including in particular GDPR, competition law, anti-bribery and other compliance matters and policies.
- To assist in developing, implementing and managing relevant corporate compliance programmes for the Lotus Cars Europe in all the countries in which it operates, including training and corporate compliance monitoring
- To pro-actively identify, manage and deal with corporate compliance risk across Lotus Cars Europe and identify areas of continuous improvement
- To be responsible and accountable for managing and monitoring the legal spend on relevant matters for Compliance
- Support the Head of Legal on an as-needed basis in championing and implementing various initiatives, for example related to compliance monitoring and corporate governance
- Working with other teams, to oversee and assist in reporting material matters related to compliance and other material risks to the managing committee and Board.
- 7 years’ post qualification experience
- Fluent in English, and additional European language would be an advantage
- An effective communicator to interact with senior stakeholders with good interpersonal skills
- Commercially minded and able to make practical evaluation of risks
- Able to work and solve problems independently with minimum supervision
- A good team player and able to work proactively and independently
- Motivated and able to work under time pressure as well as steadily towards internal deadlines and goals
- Performance related bonus
- Inclusion in the Company Mobility Scheme
- Full contribution into the company pension scheme
- This role will be working from our Amsterdam office within our flexible working policy
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.