Lotus builds world-class, high-performance and lightweight sports cars that are sold all around the world.
It is a hugely exciting time for Lotus as we transform from a UK sports car company into a truly global performance car business and brand. Our critically acclaimed models are 100% ‘For the Drivers’ and at the heart of the transition is a bold and ambitious product-led offensive. The striking new Emira is the last petrol-powered Lotus sports car and the best of breed, while the stunning Lotus Evija hypercar is the world’s most powerful series production road car. They will be joined by four all-new and all-electric premium lifestyle models, starting in 2022 with Eletre - the world’s first Hyper-SUV EV - and ending with an all-new electric sports car in 2026. And that is just the start.
The ongoing transformation of Lotus is laid out in our Vision80 corporate strategy, which defines what Lotus will be in 2028 when it celebrates its 80th anniversary. We welcome talented, creative and motivated people to join us on that journey.
Do you want to know what Sophisticated, Rebellious and Pioneering mean for Lotus? Come and take a look at our vacancies and join the incredible adventure: https://careers.eu.lotuscars.com/
Lotus Cars Europe B.V. is responsible for the Marketing, Sales and After Sales of the Lotus Cars products in the European region. We are now establishing regional entities in the DACH region and we are looking for a senior legal counsel to join the Legal department for this new role.
The purpose of this role, directly reporting to the Head of Legal, is acting as a strategic business partner across all departments providing legal support for a diverse range of legal matters.
Ideal candidates for this role will have strong business acumen and experience in continuous improvement and driving enhancements that benefit an organisation.
- Provide advice on all legal matters to senior management and employees and other group companies.
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts.
- Provide practical advice to business leaders on operational aspects and consumer protection legal matters, and on how to ensure compliance with these legal requirements across various consumer-facing channels.
- Identify and address data protection, competition and consumer regulatory issues in the region.
- Analyse potential legal risks to establish and implement solutions to mitigate those risks and achieve business objectives.
- Manage external law firms for specialised legal advice
- Increase efficiency of legal operations by developing and maintaining procedures, guidelines, internal training and reporting to Head of Legal.
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Qualified to practice law in Germany
- Minimum 7 years post qualification experience in a law firm or in-house experience.
- Experience in corporate governance, commercial law and distribution law.
- Understanding of and interest in competition, compliance and data protection laws.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate complex matters in an easy and understandable manner
- Results driven; validated experience leading strategic projects with ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Intercultural awareness and an innovative mindset.
- English fluent (written and spoken), German fluent (written and spoken)
- Performance related bonus
- Inclusion in the Company Mobility Scheme
- Full contribution into the company pension scheme
- This role will be working from our German office based in Munich area within our flexible working policy
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Germany.