Lotus builds world-class, high-performance and lightweight sports cars that are sold all around the world.
It is a hugely exciting time for Lotus as we transform from a UK sports car company into a truly global performance car business and brand. Our critically acclaimed models are 100% ‘For the Drivers’ and at the heart of the transition is a bold and ambitious product-led offensive. The striking new Emira is the last petrol-powered Lotus sports car and the best of breed, while the stunning Lotus Evija hypercar is the world’s most powerful series production road car. They will be joined by four all-new and all-electric premium lifestyle models, starting in 2022 with Eletre - the world’s first Hyper SUV EV - and ending with an all-new electric sports car in 2026. And that is just the start.
The ongoing transformation of Lotus is laid out in our Vision80 corporate strategy, which defines what Lotus will be in 2028 when it celebrates its 80th anniversary. We welcome talented, creative and motivated people to join us on that journey.
Do you want to know what Sophisticated, Rebellious and Pioneering mean for Lotus? Come and take a look at our vacancies and join the incredible adventure: https://careers.eu.lotuscars.com/
Reporting to the Head of Technical & Warranty, the OTA Senior Specialist will be responsible for leading and managing the Over-The-Air process in the company and ensuring that all vehicles are updated with the latest software and firmware in a timely and efficient manner. The role will closely interact with Engineering, Quality and Sales & Product marketing entities/ departments across the globe.
- With the support of dedicated teams, develop and implement OTA strategies, processes, timelines and tools that meet the needs of the company and its customers.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Quality and Sales & Product marketing teams in the definition of the best OTA strategies to be deployed on the vehicles to solve issues and improve the product.
- Oversee the OTA project management and prioritize tasks based on their importance and urgency.
- Ensure that all OTA updates meet quality and security standards on the vehicles and are properly documented.
- Collaborate with software and hardware teams to identify, diagnose and resolve OTA related issues.
- Communicate regularly with internal stakeholders, customers, and partners about the status of OTA updates and their impact.
- Identify, create and manage relevant internal OTA meetings, committees and attend, on behalf of the company, relevant meetings and committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Automotive Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in OTA software updates or in a related fields like operation phase management, release management, change management etc.
- Strong project management skills and ability to coordinate cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in OTA tools, processes and technologies, including server and cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge of software development and testing methodologies.
- Proven EV technical experience and know-how.
- Extensive knowledge of (automotive) diagnosis tools, DTC and reports.
- Confident in managing data and create reporting.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Performance related bonus.
- Full contribution into the company pension scheme.
- This role will be working from our Amsterdam office within our flexible working policy.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the Netherlands without VISA sponsorship.